Overseas Applicants

At Monadelphous we are always looking for the best talent from around the world to support our growth. The scale and diverse nature of our contracts requires substantial expertise. We particularly need people who are:

  • Senior Project Managers and Project Managers
  • Construction Managers 
  • Project Engineers
  • Planners/Schedulers
  • Planning Engineers
  • Estimators
  • Quantity Surveyors.

We are experienced in helping individuals and their families make the move and settle in Australia.

Many roles are based in outback Australia and will give you the chance to experience parts of the country that few have seen. Site-based jobs are worked on a fly-in, fly-out (FIFO) roster system that is set to project requirements. You will work and live on the site, be fully supported with meals and accommodation, and where team members work closely together and become like a second family.

We have modern offices in Perth and Brisbane. These are thriving multicultural cities, on opposite sides of the country, offering the idyllic Australian lifestyle with easy access to high quality education, housing, employment and health care.



  • Monadelphous is a contractor based on regional sites all around Australia and with major offices in Perth, Western Australia, and Brisbane, Queensland.
  • FIFO is the abbreviation for fly-in, fly-out. The majority of our projects are in regional areas of Australia. Employees fly in to projects from their home base location (usually a capital city) and then fly out to return home.
  • Rosters are based on project requirements. Generally they are three weeks working and one week off or four weeks working and one week off.
  • Yes - we provide support to professional employees to gain a four-year working visa (457 visa). You may choose to apply for permanent residency after two years and in some cases we can offer support for that application.
  • There are some restrictions on applying for a visa. The guidelines can be found on the Australian Department of Immigration website.
  • We have an extensive relocation policy and support program. Services may include assistance in relocating your family with flights, initial housing, car hire, moving household items, a medical allowance and additional benefits.
  • Degrees from major international universities and colleges are recognised in Australia. In some cases there may be additional requirements for your qualifications to be considered relevant. Engineers can get more information from Engineers Australia or your Monadelphous recruiter.
  • When you are working in Australia you are required to pay tax on your earnings and will need a Tax File Number (TFN). If you are migrating to Australia or have a temporary visa that allows you to work, you can apply for a TFN on the Australian Taxation Office website.
  • Superannuation is money set aside during your working life to provide for your retirement. It is known colloquially as 'super'. Superannuation begins to accumulate when you start work and we will pay superannuation for you. You can increase your superannuation fund by adding your own contributions.
  • The educational system in Australia follows a three tier model with primary education (kindergarten to Year 6), followed by secondary education (Years 7 to 12) and tertiary education (universities and/or vocational education and training). There are public (government-run) and private schools (usually run by religious institutions). The Australian school year is from January to December, divided into four terms. There are school holidays at the end of each term.