Advanced Rigging (RA) - CPCCLRG4001A
The Licence to Perform Rigging Advanced Level is a mandatory requirement for participants wishing to obtain a Rigging Advanced (RA) High Risk Work Licence. The course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to perform rigging work at the advanced level which includes all the outcomes for rigging work in the basic and intermediate levels, and also includes rigging of gin poles and shear legs, flying foxes and cable ways, guyed derricks and structures, and suspended scaffolds and fabricated hung scaffolds.
The aim of this course is to provide participants with good knowledge of the following key points and the ability to apply this knowledge with wisdom in a practical way:
- OHS / WHS legislation
- Select, inspect and install all required equipment
- Risk assessment and management
- Rig a span rope or flying fox
- Install a swing stage or bosun’s chair
- Set up a gin pole and conduct a lift with a powered winch
- Erect and dismantle a hung or suspended scaffold
The specified pre-requisite unit required is shown below and it is strongly recommended that all participants are able to meet the Entry Requirements before attempting this course.
- Sufficient level of language and literacy skills to perform the assessment and complete calculations
- Presentation of participant’s own Unique Student Identifier (USI) number
- Valid HRWL Rigging Intermediate (RI) or CPCCLRG3002A Licence to Perform Rigging Intermediate
- Current Working at Heights certificate
- Ability to wear a safety harness rated to 160 kg
- No pre-existing injuries or conditions that would prevent lifting & manual handling
- Physical flexibility and no fear of heights
- Age 18 years or over
3 days (24) hours consisting of:
- Classroom training: Accredited and Licensing
- Practical skills training: Accredited and Licensing
- Assessment: Accredited theory and practical
- Assessment: Worksafe Licencing Theory, Calculations and Practical
On successful completion of this course, participants are presented with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for CPCCLRG4001A Licence to Perform Rigging Advanced Level and a High Risk Work Licence – Western Australia.
On successful completion of the Worksafe Assessment Instrument, the participant’s Licence Application and Supporting Evidence is directed to Worksafe WA by Monadelphous Engineering Associates RTO 52582, on behalf of the participant.