Basic Rigging (RB) - CPCCLRG3001A
The Licence to Perform Rigging Basic is a mandatory requirement for participants wishing to obtain a Rigging Basic (RB) High Risk Work Licence. The course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to perform basic rigging work associated with movement of plant and equipment, steel erection, hoists (including mast climbing hoists), placement of pre-cast concrete, safety nets and static lines, perimeter safety screens and shutters and cantilever crane loading platforms.
The aim of this course is to provide participants with good knowledge of the following key points and the ability to apply this knowledge with wisdom in a practical way:
- OHS / WHS legislation
- Select, inspect and install all required equipment
- Risk assessment and management
- Working safely at heights
- Communicate and work safely with others
- Erection of structural steel and precast panels
- Knots, bends, hitches, splices and whippings
The specified pre-requisite unit required is shown below and it is strongly recommended that all participants are able to meet the Entry Requirements before attempting this course.
- Sufficient level of language and literacy skills to perform the assessment and complete calculations
- Presentation of participant’s own Unique Student Identifier (USI) number
- Valid HRWL Dogging (DG) or CPCCLDG3001A Licence to Perform Dogging
- Current Working at Heights certificate
- Ability to wear a safety harness rated to 160 kg
- No pre-existing injuries or conditions that would prevent lifting & manual handling
- Physical flexibility and no fear of heights
- Age 18 years or over
5 days (40) hours consisting of:
- Classroom training: Accredited and Licensing
- Practical skills training: Accredited and Licensing
- Assessment: Accredited theory and practical
- Assessment: Worksafe Licencing Theory, Calculations and Practical
On successful completion of this course, participants are presented with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for CPCCLRG3001A Licence to Perform Rigging Basic Level and a High Risk Work Licence – Western Australia.
On successful completion of the Worksafe Assessment Instrument, the participant’s Licence Application and Supporting Evidence is directed to Worksafe WA by Monadelphous Engineering Associates RTO 52582, on behalf of the participant.