Basic Scaffolding (SB) - CPCCLSF2001A
The Licence to Erect, Alter and Dismantle Scaffolding Basic Level is a mandatory requirement for participants wishing to obtain a Scaffolding Basic (SB) High Risk Work Licence. The course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding at the basic level, consisting of scaffolding work connected with the operation or use of modular or pre-fabricated scaffold, cantilevered materials hoists with a maximum working load of 500 kg, ropes and gin wheels, safety nets and static lines, and bracket scaffolds (tank and formwork).
The aim of this course is to provide participants with good knowledge of the following key points and the ability to apply this knowledge with wisdom in a practical way:
- OHS / WHS legislation
- Select, inspect and install all required equipment
- Risk assessment and management
- Communicate and work safely with others
- Modular, bracket and mobile scaffolds
- Fibre rope bends, hitches
There are no specified pre-requisite units required however, it is strongly recommended that all participants are able to meet the Entry Requirements before attempting this course.
- Sufficient level of language and literacy skills to perform the assessment and complete calculations
- Presentation of participant’s own Unique Student Identifier (USI) number
- Ability to wear a safety harness rated to 160 kg
- It is an expectation that employees in this role will repetitiously lift scaffolding equipment in a non-favourable environment. Participants must be able to lift up to 20 kg repetitiously, be physically able to climb and access scaffolding and demonstrate sound manual handling practices
- Repetitious use of tools
- Physical flexibility and no fear of heights
- Age 18 years or over
5 days (40) hours consisting of:
- Classroom training: Accredited and Licensing
- Practical skills training: Accredited and Licensing
- Assessment: Accredited theory and practical
- Assessment: Worksafe Licencing Theory, Calculations and Practical
On successful completion of this course, participants are presented with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for CPCCLSF2001A Licence to Erect, Alter and Dismantle Scaffolding Basic Level and a High Risk Work Licence – Western Australia.
On successful completion of the Worksafe Assessment Instrument, the participant’s Licence Application and Supporting Evidence is directed to Worksafe WA by Monadelphous Engineering Associates RTO 52582, on behalf of the participant.