Confined Small Workplace Emergencies (CSWE) - PUAWER008B
The Confine Small Workplace Emergencies, also known as Basic Fire training, is aimed at those who wish to gain practical experience in the use of portable fire extinguishers, fire hose reels and fire blankets.
The aim of this course is to provide participants with good knowledge of the following key points and the ability to apply this knowledge with wisdom in a practical way:
- Decision-making skills to select correct initial response firefighting equipment for different types of fires
- Apply recommended manufacturer’s techniques for operating equipment
- Use firefighting equipment
- Correct use of fire extinguishers on different classes of fire
- Knowledge of implications of using incorrect extinguisher on incorrect class of fire
- Understanding how fire can spread by conduction, convection, radiation and direct burning
- Theory of fire, including the tetrahedron of combustion
The specified pre-requisite unit required is shown below and it is strongly recommended that all participants are able to meet the Entry Requirements before attempting this course.
- Sufficient level of language and literacy skills to perform the assessment and complete calculations
- Presentation of participant’s own Unique Student Identifier (USI) number
- Flexibility to manoeuvre around burning object
- Age 18 years or over
Three (3) hours consisting of:
- Classroom training: Accredited and Licensing
- Practical skills training: Accredited and Licensing
- Assessment: Accredited theory and practical
- Assessment: Worksafe Licencing Theory, Calculations and Practical
On successful completion of this course, participants are presented with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for PUAWER008B Confined Small Workplace Emergencies.