Dogging (DG) - CPCCLDG3001A
The Licence to Perform Dogging is a mandatory requirement for participants wishing to obtain a Dogging (DG) High Risk Work Licence. The course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to perform slinging techniques, the selection and inspection of lifting gear and/or the directing of the crane operator in the movement of the load when the load is out of view of the crane/operator.
The aim of this course is to provide participants with good knowledge of the following key points and the ability to apply this knowledge with wisdom in a practical way:
- OHS / WHS legislation
- Risks and hazards
- General inspection and preparation of work site requirements
- Handle and use dogging tools
- Plan and prepare job
- Select and inspect equipment
- Prepare site and equipment
- Perform tasks including slinging and shifting loads
- Dismantle and inspect load shifting equipment
- Clean up including tools maintenance and storage
- Apply OHS / WHS requirements and procedures
There are no specified pre-requisite units required however, it is strongly recommended that all participants are able to meet the Entry Requirements before attempting this course.
- Sufficient level of language and literacy skills to perform the assessment and complete calculations
- Presentation of participant’s own Unique Student Identifier (USI) number
- Age 18 years or over
5 days (40) hours consisting of:
- Classroom training: Accredited and Licensing
- Practical skills training: Accredited and Licensing
- Assessment: Accredited theory and practical
- Assessment: Worksafe Licencing Theory, Calculations and Practical
On successful completion of this course, participants are presented with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for CPCCLDG3001A Licence to Perform Dogging and a High Risk Work Licence – Western Australia.
On successful completion of the Worksafe Assessment Instrument, the participant’s Licence Application and Supporting Evidence is directed to Worksafe WA by Monadelphous Engineering Associates RTO 52582, on behalf of the participant.