Enter and Work in Confined Spaces (CSE) - RIIWHS202D
The Development Centre recognises that workers have often received prior learning in a competency and offers an assessment only process to review the certificate. This course is a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) pathway for those who hold the current competence and require refreshing.
This course does not provide training and is theory and practical assessment only.
The aim of this course is to provide participants with good knowledge of the following key points and the ability to apply this knowledge with wisdom in a practical way:
- Legislation requirements
- Definition of a Confined Space
- Risk Assessment and identifying hazards
- Controlling the risks
- Emergency procedures
- Plan and prepare for working a confined space
- Enter and work safely in a confined space
- Exit the confined space
- Clean and pack up work area
To be eligible to attend, participants must hold the current competency from the same training package. You must still possess the underpinning knowledge and can perform the tasks learnt in the original learning.
- Sufficient level of language and literacy skills to perform the assessment and complete calculations
- Presentation of participant’s own Unique Student Identifier (USI) number
- No claustrophobia
- Flexible and able to crawl through restricted space
- Ability to wear a safety harness rated to 160 kg
- Age 18 years or over
1/2 day (4 hours) consisting of:
- Assessment: Accredited theory and practical
On successful completion of this course, participants are presented with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS202D Enter and Work in Confined Spaces.