Forklift Licence (LF) - TLILIC0003
The Licence to Operate Forklift Trucks training is a mandatory requirement for participants wishing to obtain a Forklift High Risk Work Licence. The course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to operate a forklift truck safely and in accordance with legislative requirements.
The aim of this course is to provide participants with good knowledge of the following key points and the ability to apply this knowledge with wisdom in a practical way:
- Planning and preparing for operations
- Identifying hazards and risk control measures
- Conducting pre-operational checks
- Operating the forklift
- Carrying out shutdown procedures
- Parking and securing the forklift
The specified pre-requisite unit required is shown below and it is strongly recommended that all participants are able to meet the Entry Requirements before attempting this course.
- Sufficient level of language and literacy skills to perform the assessment and complete calculations
- Presentation of participant’s own Unique Student Identifier (USI) number
- Age 18 years or over
2 days (16) hours consisting of:
- Classroom training: Accredited and Licensing
- Practical skills training: Accredited and Licensing
- Assessment: Accredited theory and practical
- Assessment: Worksafe Licencing Theory, Calculations and Practical
On successful completion of this course, participants are presented with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for TLILIC0003 Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck and a High Risk Work Licence – Western Australia.
On successful completion of the Worksafe Assessment Instrument, the participant’s Licence Application and Supporting Evidence is directed to Worksafe WA by Monadelphous Engineering Associates RTO 52582, on behalf of the participant.