Intermediate Scaffolding (SI) - CPCCLSF3001A
The Licence to Erect, Alter and Dismantle Scaffolding Intermediate Level is a mandatory requirement for participants wishing to obtain a Scaffolding Intermediate (SI) High Risk Work Licence. The course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding at the Intermediate level which includes use and operation of cantilevered crane-loading platforms. Cantilevered and spurred scaffolds, barrow rams and sloping platforms, perimeter safety screens and shutters. Mast climbers, and tube and coupler scaffold (including tube and coupler covered ways and gantries).
The aim of this course is to provide participants with good knowledge of the following key points and the ability to apply this knowledge with wisdom in a practical way:
- OHS / WHS legislation
- Select, inspect and install all required equipment
- Risk assessment and management
- Communicate and work safely with others
- Plan, erect and dismantle scaffold systems
- Conduct compliance inspections for scaffolding
- Handover certificates
The specified pre-requisite unit required is shown below and it is strongly recommended that all participants are able to meet the Entry Requirements before attempting this course.
- Sufficient level of language and literacy skills to perform the assessment and complete calculations
- Presentation of participant’s own Unique Student Identifier (USI) number
- Valid HRWL Scaffolding Basic (SB) or CPCCSLF2001A Licence to Erect, Alter and Dismantle Scaffolding Basic Level
- Current working at Heights certificate
- Ability to wear a safety harness rated to 160 kg
- It is an expectation that employees in this role will repetitiously lift scaffolding equipment in a non-favourable environment.
- Repetitious use of tools
- Physical flexibility and no fear of heights
- Age 18 years or over
4 days (32) hours consisting of:
- Classroom training: Accredited and Licensing
- Practical skills training: Accredited and Licensing
- Assessment: Accredited theory and practical
- Assessment: Worksafe Licencing Theory, Calculations and Practical
On successful completion of this course, participants are presented with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for CPCCLSF3001A Licence to Erect, Alter and Dismantle Scaffolding Intermediate Level and a High Risk Work Licence – Western Australia.
On successful completion of the Worksafe Assessment Instrument, the participant’s Licence Application and Supporting Evidence is directed to Worksafe WA by Monadelphous Engineering Associates RTO 52582, on behalf of the participant.