Telescopic Materials Handler Operations (TH) - RIIHAN309E
The Conduct Telescopic Materials Handler Operations training is designed to provide participants with the skills to operate a Telehandler and its attachments in a range of heavy lifting machine operator jobs. This course is appropriate for participants required to use a non-slewing telescopic materials handler with a lifting capacity of less than 3 tonnes.
The aim of this course is to provide participants with good knowledge of the following key points and the ability to apply this knowledge with wisdom in a practical way:
- Planning and preparing for operations
- Conducting pre-operational checks
- Operating the Telehandler
- Attaching, securing, lifting, carrying and placing materials and loads
- Selecting, fitting and removing attachments
- Relocating the Telehandler from one site to another
- Machine maintenance and cleaning
- Parking and securing the Telehandler
The specified pre-requisite unit required is shown below and it is strongly recommended that all participants are able to meet the Entry Requirements before attempting this course.
- Sufficient level of language and literacy skills to perform the assessment and complete calculations
- Presentation of participant’s own Unique Student Identifier (USI) number
- Age 18 years or over
2 days (16) hours consisting of:
- Classroom training: Accredited and Licensing
- Practical skills training: Accredited and Licensing
- Assessment: Accredited theory and practical
On successful completion of this course, participants are presented with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for RIIHAN309E Conduct Telescopic Materials Handler Operations.