Vehicle Loading Crane (CV) - TLILIC0002
The Licence to Operate a Vehicle Loading Crane (Capacity 10 metre tonnes or more) is a mandatory requirement for participants wishing to obtain a Vehicle Loading Crane (CV) High Risk Work Licence. The course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to operate the Vehicle Loading Crane safely and in accordance with legislative requirements.
The aim of this course is to provide participants with good knowledge of the following key points and the ability to apply this knowledge with wisdom in a practical way:
- Planning and preparing for operations
- Using appropriate mathematical procedures for estimation of loads
- Identifying hazards and risk control measures
- Conducting pre-operational checks
- Operating the vehicle loading crane
- Understanding emergency procedures
- Identifying problems and equipment faults and make adjustments required for correction
- Conducting post-operational checks and carrying out shutdown procedures
The specified pre-requisite unit required is shown below and it is strongly recommended that all participants are able to meet the Entry Requirements before attempting this course.
- Sufficient level of language and literacy skills to perform the assessment and complete calculations
- Presentation of participant’s own Unique Student Identifier (USI) number
- Age 18 years or over
3 days (24) hours consisting of:
- Classroom training: Accredited and Licensing
- Practical skills training: Accredited and Licensing
- Assessment: Accredited theory and practical
- Assessment: Worksafe Licencing Theory, Calculations and Practical
On successful completion of this course, participants are presented with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for TLILIC0002 Licence to Operate a Vehicle Loading Crane (Capacity 10 metre tonnes or more) and a High Risk Work Licence – Western Australia.
On successful completion of the Worksafe Assessment Instrument, the participant’s Licence Application and Supporting Evidence is directed to Worksafe WA by Monadelphous Engineering Associates RTO 52582, on behalf of the participant.