Abbot Point Coal Terminal X50 Stockyard Expansion
North Queensland Bulk Ports Corporation - Bowen QLD
Project Execution Period
February 2009 - June 2010
Located approximately 30km from Bowen, Queensland the Abbot Point Coal Terminal X50 Stockyard Expansion project was a largely greenfield expansion aiming to increase the terminal's capacity from 25 million tonnes per annum (MTPA) to 50 MTPA.
Monadelphous's project scope included fabrication, procurement, construction and commissioning of stockyard conveyors including structural, mechanical, piping and electrical work.
Scope of Work
The full scope of works included delivery of:
- Two inloading transfer conveyors with shuttling head
- Three yard conveyors with shuttling head
- A new outloading conveyor
- A tail end extension to existing outloading conveyor
- Three modifications to activate shuttling head.
Construction of each conveyor also included structural erection, mechanical fitout and electrical installation for both control and power, in addition to ancillaries.
Highlights & Achievements
- Successful delivery of a vertically integrated project