Carborough Downs CHPP Expansion
Ausenco Services Pty Ltd - Moranbah QLD
Project Execution Period
May 2009 – December 2009
The Carborough Downs Coal Handling and Preparation Plant (CHPP) expansion project is a brownfield project that will double the capacity of the existing CHPP to ~ 6.5 million tonnes per annum (Mtpa) of raw coal.
The existing plant processes coal from the underground Carborough Downs and open-cut Broadlea mines.
Coal is presently trucked to the Carborough Downs plant from both sites.
Scope of Work
- The Carborough Downs CHPP expansion incorporates:
- 1000 tonne surge bin
- Two raw coal conveyors delivering coal to the new and existing coal preparation plants
- A new coal preparation plant (CPP),
- Primary and secondary product stacking conveyors
- Product stockpile
- Product reclaim tunnel and conveyor
- Extension to the existing train load out reclaim conveyor and reclaim tunnel
- Extension to the existing rejects conveyor
- New rejects conveyor and stockpile
- Associated electrics, earthworks and civil.
Highlights & Achievements
- Successful completion of shutdown and tie in with existing train load out facilities
- Quality of installation, as recognised by the client
- Level of commitment of all team members to HSE for project.