Dampier Port Upgrade Phase B
Rio Tinto - Dampier WA
Project Execution Period
December 2005 - October 2007
The project entailed the installation of a new car dumper (CD4) facility, steelwork and associated equipment to increase the stockyard capacity from 95Mtpa to 116Mtpa.
Scope of Work
Monadelphous was engaged to install the new CD4 facility, as well as supply, fabricate and install all structural steelwork, conveyor steelwork, chutes, bins, pipes and fittings associated with the stockyard capacity upgrade.
The scope of work involved the supply of shop drawings, isometrics, surface treatment, non-destructive testing and touch-up of all structural steel and pipe works.
Monadelphous was also contracted to conduct the installation, bolting and welding of all mechanical equipment, belts and hydraulics, where required.
Highlights & Achievements
- Project completed on time and on budget, with a peak workforce of approximately 350 people.
- Supplied and fabricated in excess of 4500T of steelwork.
- Undertook numerous plant shutdowns for tie in works (up to four weeks duration) with a 100% track record for completing shutdowns on time and with an excellent safety record.
- Safely completed the demolition (under Worksafe Class 1 Demolition Licence) of a car dumper and screen house.
- Undertook significant additional works outside the original contract work scope.