Oyu Tolgoi Shaft 2 Surface Facilities
South Gobi Desert, Mongolia
Project execution period
July 2017 - May 2020
Oyu Tolgoi is one of the largest undeveloped copper reserves worldwide. Since 2012, ore has been mined from the Oyu Tolgoi open pit and exported to international markets.
After being extracted from the open pit, the ore is treated by a series of complex processes in the Oyu Tolgoi concentrator to create a fine copper concentrate powder.
Longer term, Oyu Tolgoi LLC is looking to develop the underground phase of the mine, to access the best minerals from deep below the surface where approximately 80 per cent of the value of the Oyu Tolgoi mine is found.
Scope of Work
Structural, mechanical, piping (SMP) works associated with the Shaft 2 Surface Facilities on the Oyu Tolgoi project includes:
- Installation of the new shaft 1 mine air heater and fan facility
- Shaft 2 chiller facility, east collar house, west collar house, south collar house SMP works
- Shaft 2 mine air heater fan facility
- Shaft 2 conveyor
- Shaft 5 exhaust fan construction
- Surface fuel facility construction
- Surface shotcrete facility construction
- Shaft 2 dewatering facilities
- Heat distribution system