Wheatstone Ashburton West Pipeline
DBP Development Group (DDG) Nominees Pty Ltd - Onslow WA
Project Execution Period
September 2013 - December 2014
The Wheatstone Lateral is an approximately 22 km DN400 pipeline connecting the Wheatstone Project (located approximately 12 km west of Onslow) and DDG’s Ashburton West Facilities (ASW).
The Ashburton West Loop is a DN400 pipeline which follows alignment of the existing Ashburton West Lateral, commencing at the ASW and travelling in a south-south-easterly direction for 87 km to intersect the DBNGP, immediately south of Compressor Station 2 (CS2).
Scope of Work
Monadelphous was awarded the contract to construct a total of 110km 16” pipeline from the Wheatstone inlet meter station to the DBNGP Compressor Station 2 (CS2).
The pipeline traverses a remote semi-arid region with areas subject to tidal inundation, claypans, sand dunes and two major river crossings.
The Monadelphous scope included:
- Receipt, inspection, handling, repair, transport and installation of all client supplied materials.
- Provision of all management, site facilities, resources, logistics and accommodation. A 200-person construction camp was installed to support the project.
- Construction and testing of the pipeline and installation of all crossings.
- Pre-Commissioning of the pipeline.
- Assistance to the owner for commissioning of the pipeline with natural gas where directed.